XMLify 2012

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I'm trying to use XMLify 2012 on a project using VS2010 and SQL Server 2012.  I didn't see any downloads for the 2012 branch.  I downloaded the source code and was able to build the package.  It placed Tjoc.SqlServer.SSIS.Pipeline.Xmlify.dll in my C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents folder.  I then ran the installer that was created during the build.  

However, XMLify is not showing up in my SSIS Toolbox.  And, when I try to add the compenent manually by browsing to the library (Tjoc.SqlServer.SSIS.Pipeline.Xmlify.dll) it says 

"There are no components in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\Tjoc.SqlServer.SSIS.Pipeline.Xmlify.dll' that can be placed on the toolbox."

Any idea how I can get this working in my environment?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Hi

I have found that sometimes installers don't install correctly even when granted elevated permission.  Could you try un-installing the component and try it running the following command from and elevated command prompt: MSIEXEC /i "Xmlify 2012.msi"

Regards

Steve

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Edited Dec 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Hi Steve,

I got the same problem even when I used the "MSIEXEC /i "Xmlify 2012.msi""

I have old ETL packeges built on 2008 version, when I am trying to open it in VS 2010 it shows me the following error:

Error 1 Validation error. The component metadata for "Xmlify, clsid {874F7595-FB5F-40FF-96AF-FBFF8250E3EF}" could not be upgraded to the newer version of the component. The PerformUpgrade method failed. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I have not taken a very close look at the Wix project yet to see where things are going wrong during the installation, but if you have the source downloaded, do the following:
  1. Run VS 2012 as admin, open Tjoc.SqlServer.SSIS.Pipeline.Xmlify project and go into its properties (select project file, press Alt + Enter)
  2. Change post-build event command to use "Program Files (x86)" instead of "Program Files"
  3. Go into XmlifyTask.ico's properties, change "Build Action" to be "Embedded Resource"
  4. Re-build Tjoc.SqlServer.SSIS.Pipeline.Xmlify project
  5. Run command line as admin and register the newly copied assembly with gacutil /i C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\Tjoc.SqlServer.SSIS.Pipeline.Xmlify.dll